Scope of the School
The objective of this school is to give a strong background on quantum and nano computing to interested students, scientists and young researches. The participants are not assumed to have any prior knowledge on the field and could come from computer science, electrical, electronics and mechanical engineering, physics or mathematics. Scientists already familiar with the subject are also welcome, for they will learn something from internationally renowned researchers in the field.
The school involves intense training in the foundations, ramifications, and current frontiers of quantum information science and its physical implementation at the nanoscale. It will cover the entire range of this newly emerged and truly interdisciplinary field, from mathematics over theoretical and experimental physics to computer science. A series of lectures and seminars will cover basic concepts to challenging problems of cutting edge research, along a steep learning curve.
The topics covered in the school, though not limited to the following, would broadly cover :
- Introduction to quantum information processing
- Introduction to quantum cryptography
- Introduction to quantum error correction
- Introduction to quantum algorithms
- Introduction to Nanoscale realization of Quantum Computers through NMR, Optics, quantum-dot cellular automata and nanoelectronics
- Introduction to current questions in foundations of quantum mechanics, string theory, cosmology and unification theories