The philosophy of DEI's outreach programme which represents a major social service initiative of the University embodies the following broad based objectives:
- To provide need based education: enhancing the employability of persons who are educated but not finding employment or who have lost employment; and also enhancing the employability of uneducated/undereducated youth.
- To target geographically remote and backward areas with vocational training programmes.
- To offer education on a no-profit basis.
- To remain aligned with the National Programme for upliftment of underprivileged and backward societies and the empowerment of women.
- To inculcate Indian culture and values in youth through specialized programmes to metropolitan areas in India and abroad.
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 July 2016 11:01
The Dayalbagh Educational Institute has begun to enrich the educational atmosphere in our country through the launch of vocational training Certificate Courses such as Motor Vehicle Mechanic (now running at Dayalbagh (UP), MTV Puram (TN), Ludhiana (Punjab), Timarni (MP)); Modern Office Management and Secretarial Practice (running at Delhi); and Textile Designing and Printing (running at Delhi).
Last Updated on Friday, 06 June 2014 18:38
In the present mode of execution of the above outreach programmes from Dayalbagh, D.E.I. provides the academic inputs and instruction for practical work. While maintaining administrative control over the course, local nodal agencies help organize training in their facilities or workshops, or in establishments-industrial and institutional-that have indicated their willingness to participate in the social service venture.
Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 19:15